8.26.2008

Training Day 1


Yesterday I read up on training for a half marathon, let me make the "half" part clear. And come to find out I have been doing all the right things on my own. I am listening to my body, easing up to longer distances, resting when I feel the need, eating right. And after reading what the professionals recommend it made me so happy to know I'm on the right track. Now I will officially follow their tips. In my Runner's World magazine, it says not to even start training unless you can run for 30 minutes without stopping. I felt like I could do this based on my daily running but I guess I wanted to be sure, so I tried today and found out....I can do it! I could have gone for longer, but I didn't want to push myself too much.
I have decided not to go to Austin, since its a little late for that. But my goal is a half marathon in Baton Rouge or New Orleans in December or January!
Today's Stats
30 minute run, 2 min warm up and cool down
2.5 miles


2 comments:

Whittron said...

Costi, I'm also running a half marathon. It's in October in Moab. I love your blog.

Also, if you are looking for inspiration.. my favorite Nike commercials on youtube are the 'my better is better than your better'... they get me excited.

Unknown said...

thanks whit, i'll think of you training while i'm training! thanks for stopping by my blog! love yours too!