9.25.2011

Naomi's Top Ten Beauty Must Haves

For those of you who keep up with this blog often, you notice my obsession with beauty products. I practically live for the Neiman Marcus beauty event, whereby spending $100 on products I get a cute bag full of freebies! By doing so I have been able to access products from all kinds of lines and have been able to pick a few of my now all time favorite things. 





1. Bobbi Brown Mineral Foundation.

Now you may think this is merely a powder, but it is not. It is truly an ultra thin layer of perfection so subtly resting on your face. Just make sure you and your face are plenty hydrated with a good moisturizer before using (for those of us with dry skin).

2. Burt's Bees all natural lip balm

I simply cannot get enough of this stuff or go anywhere without it. I love it because it goes on so smoothly and doesn't affect a light layer of lipstick on underneath. Believe me, I am a Chapstick fanatic, I have been trying Chapsticks since I was a little girl, and for everyday use, nothing beats this! Now if you have sores, I'd go for the Carmex.  

3. Bobbi Brown Brightening Sunscreen

This stuff is awesome! I truly is like a moisturizer, primer, sunscreen. It simply feels great on your face and feels very protective. Its not oily or thick at all!

4. Laura Mercier Hand Creme

I don't know about you, but my hands get so dry throughout the day and I simply cannot stand to use a lotion and still feel dry within the very hour! This lotion is supposed to remain active for hours after use, and it does! I have the pistachio scent but there is almond as well. Spending $15 on a tube small enough to carry in my bag is well worth it to me for a product that truly works and is a joy to use!

5. Nars Orgasm Illuminator

While this product has a peculiar title, it also does the job of illuminating and highlighting your face in a natural way. Its great for a day you don't want to put full on foundation on. It truly highlights the features you want to add a little sparkle to. 

6. Chanel Eye Makeup Remover

I am pretty picky about my eye makeup removers. Even the ones that say oil free, still feel so oily  to me. This is the only kind I have found that works like a dream, it gently removes even the thickest of mascara in a soft swipe and requires no rubbing. 

7. Mary Kay Satin Lips

I have to give a shout out to my old stomping grounds MK. This product is really one of a kind. One tube is a mask for your lips that you let harden for a little while before wiping off with a damp cloth and then applying the ever so silky balm. Its great right before bed!

8. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Okay last tube on the list! This is another great product for adding a dash of life to your face. Apply  alone or put some light powder on top for a natural look or layer with a liquid foundation.

9. Tweezerman Eye Enhancer

Did you know Tweezerman sold anything but tweezers and other small gadgets? I didn't! I got this for free for buying a set of tweezers and I absolutely love this product! Its a great duo! The dark part is to line your eyebrows to darken them up and shape them up a bit. And the shimmer pencil on top is a small highlighter for your upper eyelid/brow bone to add a little extra pop. 

10. Glass Nail File

After trying these, I simply cannot go back to an old file! One day I'll move up to the diamond one! 

You might find some of the items pricey, you can do what I do and wait for the next NM Beauty Event. I like to find a balance between luxury and necessity, its a fine line. I like quality products but I might not use them everyday. For example, when I work with kids  at school I wear my Mary Kay foundation, I save my Bobbi Brown for going out. And therefore these products last a really long time. So, if you want to buy a new product I recommend buying it even before you fun out of an old product so you can use both and the expensive one will last longer. 

I just realized I have broken the number one rule of top ten lists and I didn't post this in descending order. Well, I'm not going back to change it now. I hope you found this list useful and will buy at least one item from it, if you do, I want reviews! Til then, stay beautiful!

4 comments:

Whittron said...

I'm so glad you posted this, I love knowing people's top tens... I have marked this post so I can consult often!

Whittron said...

That diamond nail file wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be.

Unknown said...

awesome!! Glad you will consult.

I guess "diamond" seems expensive but $28 for a nail file is quite an investment.

Miss Deja said...

Love your ideas. Motivates me to do a top 10 list of my own!:)