Seeing as how the Neiman Marcus beauty event is going on right now and I dropped about $200 on product! Before you freak out, let me remind you that I received this free tote full of free goodies and the below Bobbi Brown free gift! I'm thrilled with all my purchases. But it lead me to make this post.
I have been buying beauty products for years and have tried 'em all! I know I can't ALWAYS afford the best of the best. So I like to balance out the quality. Here is a list of items you can skimp on and items you might want to splurge on.
- Moisturizer! It can make or break your skin.
- Bronzer--you do not want to look orange!
- Hair Spray and other styling products
- Concealer- this is a problem area for me, so thats why I splurge on it.
- Foundation- get the good stuff!But even more importantly, buy the right shade. So that means going to a make up counter and getting a consultation.
- Nail Polish!
- Make up brushes and applicators.
- Shampoo and Conditioner-better yet use a leave in conditioner. And train your hair to be washed every other day...but thats another post!
- Face wash. wash is wash, just keep it clean! And use the right kind for your skin type (oily/normal or dry)
- Eye lash curler
- Blush-Don't go too dark.
- Hair dye- do it yourself! Unless you're going for an unnatural look. You'll save loads of money! And always make sure to use the color treated shampoo.
Well, here is just a few for you to think about. Let me know if you have any questions.