4.15.2012

Expensive Clothes

I realize that I sometimes post about Coutre Designer clothing that can be sinfully expensive. I usually don't purchase clothing that pricey on a regular basis. I found myself perusing on Amazon not too long ago and as I searched, I felt myself asking the question "Why are clothes so expensive?" If you think about the average price of a shirt, lets use a men's shirt like the one shown below, for example.

Even the white version looks slightly see through, if I paid $40 for a shirt I would want it to be flawless!

I mean, when you take into account most average incomes and average bills, $40 is a lot of money! You can buy a piece of furniture from Ikea for that much! Seriously, why are clothes so expensive? Is it because we will pay it? It is obviously, one of the basic human needs, but most of us have enough clothes to clothe an entire community of people!

So, what do we do about this problem? Shop at discount stores, wait for sales to come around, shop at consignment shops? 

There is my rant, it is not so often, I bring up clothes in a negative sense, but every once in a while, it has to be done! 


1 comment:

nnugles said...

reading this reminded me of a site/brand that I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. http://www.marcjacobs.com