As you should wear sunglasses all year round, it is that wonderful time of year when sunglasses are a must! They are such a fun accessory! I personally don't tend to gravitate to cheap things! I definitely think there is a huge benefit to a good pair of sunglasses! I know they can get pretty pricey, so I suggest doing a little research or waiting for that special pair to pop up at a local discount store. Something worth doing, is going to your local designer shop, finding the pair that you like, and searching for the discounted version online. While a great pair of sunglasses is sure to turn heads, you don't have to spend $400 on the absolute latest pair. They just need to look great on you and be very comfortable on your face!
Here is a list of some things to keep in mind to know that you are choosing a great shape for your face and skin color.
First of all make sure you know your face shape:
- Diamond-shaped faces: rimless frames, frames with distinctive brow-lines, or oval frames
- Square faces: softer edged frames; round, oval, even cat-eyed, also thinner frames
- Triangle shaped face: colorful frames or cat eye sunglasses, also frames with straight top lines
- Inverted triangle shaped face: rimless frames, light colors and materials
- Oblong face: frames that are as wide or wider than the broadest part of the face
- Round faces: rectangular or squarish frames, thicker frames
- Oval faces: most frames will look good, but especially square and wrap-around
Now, onto skin color, pay close attention to your skin tone and hair color and check and see if you have warm undertones or cool.
Cool skin tones and hair colors - pink or blue undertones-Blond, blue-black, white, and light brown hair
Cool tones look best in black, rosy brown, plum, magenta, blue, and darker tortoise shade frames.
Warm skin tones and hair colors-yellow cast - golden blond, flat black, brown-gold, red, and gray are cool.Warm colored people look best in frames that come in camel, khaki, gold, copper, peach, off-white, or bright red.
I have selected Oliver Peoples shades only because I believe they are the best of the best as far as Designer shades go. I know this because I attended a conference about the brand while working at NM and they stole my heart! I love how they scientifically care about each lens and put more time into the science and functionality over producing a highly visible logo. They want to be known for the perfect product rather than simply the logo. So, here's my shout to the brand and amazing shades they make!
I wish you all happy sunglass shopping and fun in the sun!